Social value came to the forefront of the public sphere in The Public Services Act 2012, which defined it as improving: ‘The economic, social and environmental well-being of the relevant area’
BECG Group is well-placed to drive forward social value to communities through the strategic advice that we offer our clients – as well as their internal and external stakeholders; the supply chain we choose to engage with; and how we act as an employer.
We operate by the following principles:
- Maximising the short- and long-term economic impact of our actions for a local area
- Creating positive and measurable social outcomes for a local area
- Mitigating the negative environmental outcomes of our clients activities and maximising environmental gains, to the best of our ability.
We’ve set our own goals, to ensure we’re rolemodelling best practice for our clients:
- Build on our existing meaningful community partnerships with local charities, community groups, and local suppliers as both a local employer and on behalf of our clients.
- Reduce our environmental impact.
- Advocate social value to clients and the wider industry. Working with clients to deliver their own social value strategies and maximise impact.
- Offer and deliver social value training to staff.
- Expand our pro bono and charitable work.
- Establish our Diversity, inclusion and belonging Champions within the Group – once embedded, the Champions will help identify various pools for recruitment including universities to promote our Future Talent Programme and help create employment opportunities within the communities that we work.
that matter to our teams
Promoting diversity and
inclusion in communications